Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Cupcakes




So I found this idea using Google Images. I love love love google and I was looking for fun cupcake designs. I did my best to recreate these without any directions and I think you'll agree, they turned out pretty good.

I used basic vanilla cupcake mix, baked according to directions (mine were not vegan but you could find vegan cupcake mix or recipe), while they cooled, I mixed 4 drops green food coloring with 2 tablespoons of water, then added 2 cups shredded coconut and color mix into a gallon plastic bag. And then... I shook it like a polaroid picture.
When the color was even on the coconut I put it into a small bowl. I frosted the cupcakes with some vanilla frosting and then dipped them into the coconut. I used small candy coated chocolate eggs and used varying colors. For formalist artistic reasons, I used 3 eggs; each a different color. Although, you technically could use more, I'd always reccomend using odd amounts.


Happy Easter Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment