Thursday, February 10, 2011

Peanut Butter CUP Cupcakes!

I made 24 cupcakes for a Friends Valentine's Dinner and some for my brother-in-law and Sister because they help out with my daughter while I do things like bake.

In the oven.

Fresh out of the oven, not quite cooled.

They harden back up once cooler.

With frosting, and another Peanut Butter cup on top!


I also made ones with Nutella mixed into the frosting.


This makes 12 (adapted from allrecipes.com):

Ingredients

  • 1 cup brown sugar or sucanat
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 24 peanut butter cups (I use Trader Joe's brand, because there is no hydrogenated oil)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x9 inch pan or line a muffin pan with paper liners.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Finally stir in the milk until batter is smooth. Pour or spoon batter into the prepared pan.
  3. Drop in one peanut butter cup per cupcake
  4. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven. For cupcakes, bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cake is done when it springs back to the touch.


For the frosting I just mixed something like this, but added non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening and after I frosted half I added some Nutella.  I'm not much of a strict recipe kind of girl, I sort of mix it up as I go and add to taste.  

Happy Cupcake Experimenting!!


1 comment: