Sunday, May 22, 2011

Interviews about Birth Video and My Thoughts.

Here's a video that a facebook friend of mine shared, and I think it's really clear which choices you have when looking for a healthcare provider while pregnant.  And if you're choosing to do a hospital birth, there are different doctors you can choose from.

I really reccomend this video for ANY expecting parents, or parents or people who might be parents.  Very infomational and interesting.

Midwives and OBGYN's from roz mignogna on Vimeo.

I like how one doctor mentions 12-8 hours for a normal birth, but keep in mind that my birth and labor from first contraction to holding a baby in my arm was just over 36 hours...

Also, I think it's very interesting that one doctor mentions that they don't do VBAC (Vaginal birth after cesaren) because of the chance of inconvience of having a partner responsible for that labor while the other doctor says it's a no brainer.  By having VBACs as an option you are automatically lowering the C-section rates. 

I also LOVE how the midwife they interviewed talks about our resources here in the U.S. and if you don't make the effort to find out the complications of epidurals, c-sections or induced labors then you are responsible for your own complications and she (and I) have no sympathy for mamas who don't educate themselves.  You can google it for goodness sakes!


So Happy Informed Birthing and Video Viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment