Friday, June 10, 2011

Where's the D.I.Y.?!

So, if you're a new follower, or new to D.I.Y. Cupcake, you might be like? WTF? Where's the cupcakes?  Where's the D.I.Y.s?  Well I apologize, I've been so busy being a mom {Very D.I.Y by the way!} that I haven't done any major projects lately. BUT! that's about to change!

Readers, Meet the newest editions to my Dining Room Family:
Chairs, Meet Blog.

I've been searching for wood, fabric seat cushion chairs for months now!

Driving home from swimming on Friday, I drove past a yard sale and did a quick u-turn when I glimpsed these bad boys out of the corner of my eye.  I wanted a bunch of miscellaneous chairs in my dining room with various colors and fabric patterns so you can imagine my excitement when I saw these.  Also, I had a $5 a chair budget, because my friend Janay ALWAYS find cute, used items for $5 and I knew it could be done.  These were only $4 each!!  

Now, here's where the interaction begins.  I have 2 options.

1. Paint these chairs black to match the dining room table, and put a damask fabric on them. Like this:
 

OR

2. Paint each one different colors to match my bookself {which is color coordinated} and give each chair it's own personality with it's own fabric. Like this:

Please vote on the sidebar on the top right! 
Thank you!

In the mean time, here's a few close ups of my new additions: 
Love the positive and negative space on the backs of these chairs

and the legs have nice detail too.

Here's the before of the cushions. (yuck!)

Happy Chair Hunting!

3 comments:

  1. they are lovely! Great find!! I vote each in a different color although I do like the idea of same color with different fabrics too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also vote to let me help!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. I've got SEVERAL projects you can help me with. I have "new" night stands, an entire dining room table set AND the chairs. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed :)

    ReplyDelete