Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fall Garden 2011 Update No. 1

As you may remember, I started my fall garden a few weeks ago.

Only the squash and squash like plants came in.
It was too hot for lots of the seedlings.
I knew I was taking a risk planting everything at once, but I thought I'd see what happens...

The grass came back even though we rototilled, killed and pulled lots of it.
The Cucumber, Zucchini, Butternut Squash, 1 leek, 1 bell pepper, 
Quinoa and Pumpkin plants are alive and well. 

We also have a crazy influx of bees, like 20-30 right now!
Can you see one almost dead center in the photo above?  Sorry, camera phones don't do them justice!
I've focused on this one for you {above}

Cucumber blossoms

Baby Butternut Squash

Butternut Squash Blossom

Zucchini

Another Baby Butternut Squash

Quinoa!

More Quinoa.

Zucchini Blossoms

Pumpkin!

Baby Pumpkin!
This variety is a while skin variety with orange flesh!  So Excited!

Pumpkin Blossom 

More attempts at photographing the bees. Three flying in the grass to the upper right.



1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!! How do you harvest the quinoa? We're getting our container garden ready for planting. Hope to have as much success as you!

    ReplyDelete