Sunday, November 20, 2011

Trip to Tucson! Travel Tips and Photo Dump.

This weekend we headed down to Tucson for a small nostalgic visit partially to celebrate my birthday, but more to pick up my B.I.L.s wedding band.

When we got into town we picked up the wedding band.  Then stopped at Eegees for a quick dinner.  It's one of my favorite foods, and I never eat fast food, but this is so yummy!  Their ranch is so good on their crinkle cut fries.  They're monthly flavored Eegee (a slushy type drink) is famous and seriously one of the things I miss most about the small town.
After the quick meal we headed to the Hotel.  We stayed at the Double Tree by Hilton at Reid Park.  It was a nice hotel, for a reasonable rate.  I always use expedia.com to book hotels, and I'm usually pleased with the results.  They gave us warm chocolate chip cookies when we checked in!  I took a few photos in the morning around the grounds.

After checking out of the hotel we headed to Epic Cafe, which is my favorite coffee shop in Tucson.  I love their vanilla lattes.  There is nothing special about them, they're just good.  Like, really good.

Then we headed to the University of Arizona to walk around and let Sonja explore the place where her father and I spent 3 years of our lives.


And just before leaving, we stopped another favorite of mine, Time Market.  I wanted to get lunch and they had the best tomato, basil pizza.  So Good!


Now for the tips...
Drive during Nap Time.  We drove the 2 hour trip during Cupcake's nap time.  This made it a super simple trip!  She was well rested and we weren't stuck listening to a fussing baby the whole time.

Pack Snacks.  I totally forgot to pack any snacks!  I'm so used to making that drive without anything, back and forth from my house to my parents I never thought about staying in a hotel with a toddler and not having snacks.  I had Husband run to Whole Foods to pick up a few items and thankfully our hotel had a fridge!

Diva Cup.  TMI ALERT.  I got my period that morning and thanks to the Diva Cup, I didn't have to deal with packing a bunch of tampons and pads.  There are some pros and cons to the cup but it works well for me and my needs.



I hope you enjoyed a glimpse into our mini trip.  Happy Travels!

2 comments:

  1. So funny because we were down there last week too...and strangely, I think we were at UA around the same time! It's such a small world (and Epic IS amazing!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love this place and have to visit again this coming December for holiday season with my family.

    Albergue Da Juventude

    ReplyDelete