Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Anti Candida Diet {week 1}


After much thought, I decided to share this diet with you all.

I was hesitant for several reason, the main one being that for the next month I will not be vegetarian.  As much as I don't want to eat meat, my body NEEDS it.  Yes, needs it.  I know that might be hard for some of my vegan and vegetarian readers to understand but I'm fighting off this toxic candida invader and I've been battling it for months {and probably years!}.  I can't take anymore headaches, ache, tiredness or anything else inhibiting my parenting ability nor my quality of life {list of symptoms here}.  The amount of meat I will be eating is less than that of one large dead animal.  No pigs and no cows for me, lamb and fish only.  But! those are still hard for me to handle.

The reason for the meat is this, Candida lives off carbohydrates, sugar, dairy, alcohol, grains, fruits and more.  When figuring out how to maintain enough calories to feed my daughter with breast milk, I had to add something in or I would literally starve.

I can only eat a select few food items and if you know my usual diet you'll know how difficult this is for me.

I'm also working with a Naturopathic Doctor and I will shortly be able to cut the meats out, once my body is back to normal.  Along with the diet there are a shot and inserts involved, that changes the life cycle of the candida.

My current meal plan is this:
Sunday: 4oz Lamb with brussel sprouts
Monday: Quinoa Crust cheeseless quiche.
Tuesday: Pinto and White beans, quinoa with avocado and tomatoes (everyone else will be enjoying tortillas)
Wednesday: Quinoa with homemade tomato sauce, tiny amount of mozzarella cheese.
Thursday: Bean (no black beans!) and carrot soup with eggs in kale baskets.
Friday: 4oz Lamb with kale and brussel spout salad (lemon and olive oil dressing).


I'll let you all know how it goes in a few weeks.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment