Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Quinoa Flour Pie Crust (gluten free and anti candida)

1/3 cup avocado or organic olive oil (frozen)
1/3 cup ice water (freeze water 5-10 minutes before mixing)
3 cups quinoa flour
pinch or two of salt

mix with a fork until well combined.  roll out on {quinoa} floured surface until 1/4 inch thick. place crust into ceramic pie dish.  the pieces will break apart, just reassemble them in the dish and smooth out as best as possible.  I pre-baked for 10-15 minutes then filled with egg for a quiche like recipe, could be used for anything though, bake as directed for that recipe.

*will update with a pretty picture next time I make it. 

**UPDATE. I recently made this again and realized my previous measurements are slightly low. I added a few extra splashed of oil and maybe another 1/4-1/2 cup water to get the texture I wanted, I also mixed in some brown rice flour and coconut flour and reduced the quinoa flour keeping the same amount of total flour. Here's the result:

No comments:

Post a Comment