Wednesday, March 7, 2012

{W&G Wedding} Bathroom Baskets {a what to include post}

Let me start by saying how unmaintained my bathroom was at my wedding.  We all got ready there and then I walked down the aisle, no one cleaned up, no one put away their curling irons, and no one gave me a basket full of goodies to put out.  I didn't realize how gross it was until I went in there to change into my getaway dress.  So, when my soon to be sister in law mentioned she hadn't thought about the bathrooms I offered to make her these fully stocked bathroom kits for her guests, since about half the crowd will be the same guests at my wedding.  I wanted to put some good wedding karma out there.  This is what I included:

For the Ladies:
Mouthwash
Perfume and Body Sprays
Brush
Tampons
Q-Tips
Hair Spray and Gel  
Alieve
Visine
Band-aids
Lotion
Off Brand Tylenol
Facial Wipes
Travel Deodorants
Grooming kit; tweezers, nail file, manicure scissors, nail clippers
Clear Nail Polish
Hair Ties
Baby Powder {even though I would NEVER use it on a baby!}
Bobby Pins
Monogrammed Tissues
Sewing Kit
GUM!
Floss
Saline Solution
Tooth Picks
Lint Roller

For the Guys:
Bandages
Alieve
Off brand Tylenol
Floss
Grooming Kit: tweezers, nail file, manicure scissors, nail clippers
Mouth Wash
Q-Tips
Travel Deodorants
Tooth Picks
Gum
Comb and Scissors
Saline Solution


Total cost for EVERYTHING was about $50
Ladies basket from Cost Plus, World Market about $10
Guys upcycled cigar box from Wine and More about $5

I went around the house first to see what I had unopened and unused and added all those things, then I headed to the 99c store and picked up as much as I could there, then headed to target.

A few thing I'd include next time:
Bleach Pen
Pepto Bismol
and Tums


I'll be posting pictures from the big day and week of over the next few weeks.  So keep an eye out!

Happy Wedding Prepping!

No comments:

Post a Comment