Thursday, October 25, 2012

Food Club No. 5 {Windsor}


This month we headed to Windsor, a neighborhood restaurant and bar.  It's in a historic 1940's building and has a beautiful patio, plus right next door is our local ice cream shoppe {which is where we headed for dessert}.  They have a vegetarian friendly menu and lots of wholesome choices, see their menu here.

The ambiance is low light and classy. 
Drinks! Isn't the little stirrer on the left adorable?!
Fondue Appetizer
Loaded Chips
Chicken Sliders with Mac 'n' Cheese.
Veggie Stack with Fries
Combo: Soup of the Day {Chicken Tortilla} and mixed green salad with chicken kabob
Veggies & Mac 'n' Cheese
Chicken Kabobs
Veggie Stack with Fried Okra
Mouths full of food
The damage and the leftovers
A few of the ladies

The Review:
Favorite Appetizer: The Fondue was amazing!! Although, if I was by myself I'd ask to substitute the sausage for more apples, since you know, I don't love meat. 

Favorite Entree: Everyone's looked great, and I might try their soup and salad combo next time, but I LOVED my Veggie Stack, black quinoa and beets? soo good.

Favorite Drink: I had water {thanks a lot fetus} but all their cocktails are named numbers and each one sounds amazing!

1-10 Service {0 worst, 10 best}: 9.5 We had 3 servers checking on our group of 8 and never had an empty glass.

Cost {$  $$  $$$  $$$$!}: $$-$$$ I shared my appetizer, had my own $12 entree and spent a total of $24 on the whole night after tax and tip.  

Mistakes {corrections?}: No mistakes.  Everything was delish!

Reservations? I think so, but didn't ask since I knew we were going to be happy waiting at the bar if necessary.

Would we eat there again? Yes!


And I wouldn't have you miss dessert...

Walkway to Churn {on the right} and the candy display {on the left}
From the front
Adorable Bats on display for Halloween!
The Dessert Menu
And I Love Churn's vintage style honeycomb tile!  



If you're in the area I highly recommend a visit!  I think we're doing Sushi next month.  So, keep an eye out!






You can also follow along on TwitterPinterestFacebook, and Tumblr!

p.s. if you have a moment, I'd really appreciate your vote. Click the banner below and then the owl on the left. {No email required and no spam generated! promise}
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment