Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Upcycled Hair Tie {a simple sewing project}

I recently bought a pair of too long organic cotton yoga pants.  And to make sure the extra length of organic fabric didn't go to waste I made some simple hair ties.  Here's how...

After removing the unwanted length from the pants, I cut that fabric into 1 inch thick strips.
I folded the strips on top of each other as seen above.
I sewed one side down, basic stitch {don't forget to back stitch!}
Above: after the first side was sewn
Slide over and repeat.
Above: Complete
Repeat as often as you have fabric for.

Happy Sewing!
Jenn


You can also follow along on TwitterPinterestFacebook, and Tumblr!

p.s. if you have a moment, I'd really appreciate your vote. Click the banner below and then the owl on the left. {No email required and no spam generated! promise}
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment