Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Phoenix Food Truck Festival {January 2013}

This past weekend we headed to the Food Truck Festival with some great friends.  We're actually super spoiled because we have the best food trucks EVERY Saturday at our local farmer's market {Downtown Phoenix Public Market} but we hardly get a chance to try ALL the trucks in one place at one time.

Last year, I went with my mom and we got there late {around 5pm, event ended at 6pm} and almost every truck was sold out of food and we waited in line for an hour for a slice of pizza of all things.  So, this year I was set on trying new trucks and having friends who could also stand in line.

These Island Noodles were delicious and Vegetarian!
My favorite fry bread; Emerson Fry Bread.  I LOVE the Nina and this "Lucky" is a great dessert.
One of our favorite local restaurants, brat haus, was there selling pretzels, which I had to have.
We love these two! It's so nice having friends with kids the same age!!
BBQ for the Boys
Luckily, we got in for free when someone gifted us tickets.  Which was great, because it would have cost our family $20 just to get in.  And then, you have to buy the food on top of that.  The festival has a ticket system; $2 for 1 ticket.  Some trucks seemed to mark up their food and others marked it down, in ticket form.  Also, only a few would still take cash, so we ended up sharing tickets with our friends.  It worked out well and we all got to try something new. But I would have been disappointed to spend $10 just to get in, when there wasn't really anything "to do," besides eat.  Which, like I said, we're spoiled because we enjoy local food trucks every Saturday.

If you have older kids I highly recommend the rides area, while our littles were content with the corn hole tosses set up around the event.


Other favorite local food trucks include; Jamburrito's & Hey Joe!  And, I really wanted to try Hao Bao & Spice it up, but I was too full. Next time!

Happy Local Eating!
Jenn


You can also follow along on TwitterPinterestFacebook, and Tumblr!

p.s. if you have a moment, I'd really appreciate your vote. Click the banner below and then the owl on the left. {No email required and no spam generated! promise}
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment