Sunday, June 21, 2015

What I said to my Husband this Father's Day {and our anniversary too!}



June 21, 2008 | Phoenix, Arizona.

This year our anniversary falls on father's day, which is actually perfect because Husband, as I refer to him on this blog, is not only my Husband, he's my partner and father to our daughters.  And really, you can be a husband and not a father or a father and not a husband, but when you're a Husband and a Father you're doing twice as much work all.the.time.  So, when I thought about what I wanted to share this year as we celebrate our anniversary and father's day I thought I'd let him know how much I appreciate him.  But, not just him, I appreciate all he does.  When we said, "I do" 7 {SEVEN!} years ago, I didn't know how much we would change and grow.  It's not the easiest being married to an artist, I'm messy and loud, and sometimes  usually he comes home to a house that hasn't been cleaned.  He comes home to chaos and loud noises. Sometimes, I'm wrapped up in a project, a painting, a drawing, a craft.  Sometimes we're all asleep.  And sometimes, we're fussy and hungry.  But he always walks through the door with a smile and a kiss.  He always greets us and tells us he loves us.  And when he leaves in the morning he always kiss us goodbye, even though we get to sleep in late, he never resents me for being the one to stay home.  He never holds a grudge.  He never puts his needs ahead of ours.  He works hard so we can afford all the things we need and most of the things we want.  He's not only a wonderful Husband but also a wonderful Dad. I don't want to say I couldn't do this without him, because of course I could survive without him but I'm so grateful I don't have to.  He make everything in my life better and our girls are lucky fortunate to have him as their daddy.  Of course, no one is perfect and he accepts that about me, he might get frustrated but he never stops loving me.  I am so grateful to have him as my partner, my best friend, my other half.

We spent our first anniversary in my favorite city.
June 21, 2009 | Barcelona, Spain.
June 21, 2010 | Royal Palms, Scottsdale.
June 21, 2011 | San Diego, California.
Father' Day 2012 | Phoenix, Arizona.

June 21, 2012 | Hotel Valley Ho, Scottsdale.
June 21, 2013 | San Diego, California 
June 21, 2014 | Phoenix, Arizona.


I can't wait to get dressed up and go on a date with this guy tonight. Hope you all have a wonderful day with the Fathers {or Husbands} in your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment