Friday, December 4, 2015

Bitches Food Club no. 27 {Brunch at the Wrigley Mansion}

For our November meet up, we headed to brunch at the Wrigley Mansion.  We don't do brunches often as they're kind of expensive and we don't necessarily enjoy waking up early or missing yoga, but we decided a Sunday Brunch was must, we wanted to try Geordie's because we'd heard how interesting the mansion was and wanted to see if the views matched the food.
It was my birthday and my sisters were both in town and my mom actually joined us for this one too. 
I think everyone opted for mimosas, they're bottomless, so it's totally worth splurging on.
Some of us started with coffee and fruit and yogurt.
Others went for the savory items, such as this creamed kale, various cheeses, saffron rice and pasta items.
Their buffet selection took up a whole room, but I was less than impressed with their items, I did like the cheese and got an omelet {not pictured here} but nothing really seemed all that special. and yes, that is a random piece of jello on an otherwise savory plate.
The deserts were a little bit better, a nice pretty selection of cakes and small portions.
Stephanie says that it definitely needed more ghost stories about the house.  She had to make them up instead! "For the price, could have used more ghosts. The green tea petit four was probably the reason I would go back. Overall, I had an $11 meal for $68. I understand you're paying for atmosphere. I always find buffets are a waste of money. I can only eat so much at a time."
I think I might have tried one of everything, that little vanilla boat in the back might have been my favorite, it was light and sweet.
I tried to grab one of everything, and thankfully the bitches shared with me, definitely suggest the pecan pie, vanilla boat and that pumpkin rectangle.
Honestly, we were more impressed with the mansion than with the food, and it was nice to be able to walk around with our mimosas in hand. 
Macey points out,  "The view was great and it was fun that you could walk around mansion after eating all that food. Also a plus when your mimosa glass is always full. For the price, I wish they offered made to order items. I was also disappointed with the lack of savory breakfast entrees."
We found a mirrored dressing cabinet in one of the rooms and played around with some selfies. 
I do love the touch of history each antique adds to the mansion.
and the tours were self guided so we could take as much time exploring each room as we'd like. 
The buffet room across from the dining area to the right of the receptionist was a beautiful wood room with a giant round table and decadent chairs, besides the bathrooms in the mansion this might be my favorite room.
Love these ladies.


The Full Review {their menu here}:
Favorite Appetizer: I think the cheese table was my favorite, there was a cheese with Dijon mustard seeds in it and it was glorious.

Favorite Entree: I like when breakfast buffets have made to order options weather it's a waffle station, crepe bar or in this case omelet station.  It's nice to have something made to order with exactly what you want, without being seen as difficult.

Favorite Drink: Bottomless mimosas

1-10 Service {0 worst, 10 best}: 7. It was just alright, they refilled the drinks and got us a table, but like nothing special and it's not like they're actually serving you because it is a buffet so you bring your plate and get more, which is actually fine, otherwise I find myself annoyed waiting for a waiter to bring something extra you asked for, or forgetting an order.

Cost {$  $$  $$$  $$$$!}: $$$ For what it was I think this was a bit too much.  I don't mind paying a lot of money for food especially good food, but in this case I think it was over rated.  I think Wrights at the Biltmore had a much better brunch and would probably go back their instead.

Mistakes {corrections?}: None, everything was fine, but that's it, just fine.

Reservations? Yes, must have reservations, especially in our large groups, but even for a couple, you NEED reservations.

Would we eat there again? Maybe, if someone else was buying, or if I was invited there for a reason, once was enough to see the mansion and enjoy my mimosas.



No comments:

Post a Comment