Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Taco Tuesday {Roasted Veggie Tacos}

Hey 'all! it's Taco Tuesday so I thought I'd share one of my easy taco recipes for those veggie lovers...
First start with Roasted veggies.  Set oven to 475* F and rotate and flip every 10 minutes or so.  

Here's what I used, listed in sections of use:
Butternut Squash
Roasted Corn
Potatoes
Zucchini
Yellow Summer Squash
Red Onion
Salt + Pepper
Chili Pepper
Cayenne 
Olive Oil

Black Beans

Tortillas

Green Onions + Limes for topping
Cheese if desired.
Avocado
Tomatoes
Salsa

About 2-3 hours before meal time I stared some black beans in a crock pot, set it to high then went about my day, you could also used canned.

I mixed Potatoes, Zucchini, Yellow Summer Squash, Red Onion, Salt + Pepper, Chili Pepper, Cayenne, Olive Oil together in a bowl, then added them to the baking tray with the Butternut Squash and Roasted Corn to bake for about 40 minutes {I should have done longer but I was hungry!} 
I don't normally suggest or even like using bagged frozen items, but they're organic and I did not have time to peel and cut and roast a butternut squash, so I settled for the organic bagged version, also very cost effective.  I only used about half of each bag so now I also have a stash for the next time I make these.
Picked up some street taco size local flour tortillas and saved the green onion and lime for topping the tacos.
Once I thought the potatoes were done enough I decided it had been long enough, in the future I'll probably wait the full 50 minutes to take them out of the oven so everything is more roasted.
Organic Veggie Tacos
I filled the tortillas with roasted veggies, strained beans and topped with manchego cheese and a side of quinoa cooked with salsa.  

If you're not craving tacos at the end of this post I've failed you and I'm sorry, because these were delicious.






No comments:

Post a Comment