Friday, September 1, 2017

Visiting my sister in Spokane, WA

The last planned stop on our trip was to visit my sister and nephews in Spokane, she was originally going to meet me but her Husband ended up having to go out of town and her son had summer camp activities, so we decided to drive up to her...
The drive was boring then suddenly beautiful then boring again before being bright and colorful.  The twists and turns of this road left me feeling nauseous (as did the history of this road -my husband has actually been writing quite a bit about our travels and you can read his version of this stretch here.) but there were pockets of wild lavender growing in the cliffs and the views were phenomenal.
In the fields and farms on the way the sky opened up and everything looked like a painting.  There's no filters or contrast on this photo, it's straight out of the camera.
When we finally made it to my sister's house, I was shocked at how beautiful her yard was.  She's always had a beautiful home, but she just moved into this house and I wasn't expecting this level of landscaping.  Since it was summer, the roses were blooming, everything was bright and colorful.
The kids jumped on their back yard trampoline, and played with their cousins.
While the kids played outside and the sun set, I came inside to set up for our henna and essential oils class.
we made roller bottles with blends of frankincense, melaleuca, and more, to support healthy skin and I adorned the ladies with small henna designs.  //  zipper pouch from society6
you can find more of my henna work and cones (shipped in the US only) at la luna henna.
The best souvenir might have been this lavender harvested from my sister's front yard.
Pretty sure my husband wanted to keep this dog for himself.  He looks so small and sad here, but he's actually a super huge mastiff and full of fun and energy, I just caught him calm and resting. 
And of course attempts at a family photo before we left early the next morning.  I wasn't feeling great, and my energy was low so we opted to just get back home as quickly as possible so we could recover from our two weeks on the road.  I'll share our last stops on the way home on the next post!



No comments:

Post a Comment