Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Celebrating the Spring Equinox 2018

I always seem to find myself at the last moment whipping together a way to celebrate all the holidays.  I knew the Spring Equinox was coming up but up until that morning I had no idea how I wanted to celebrate with my kiddos.  It was actually their first day back at school since spring break, ironic really, and I wasn't sure what we would even have time for.  But on my way home from work I stopped at the store and picked up a bouquet of flowers, two small herbs and some spring treats.  I rarely buy candy and some treats are only allowed on certain holidays like these candy covered almonds.  Spring Equinox only and sometimes on Easter at their Nonnie's house.
Luckily, we had some flower crown bases to start with from the Renaissance Festival and from birthday gifts so I was just adding fresh flowers to wire crowns we already had using hemp sting I already had at home as well.
 I left the stems on the flowers to give me something to tie to the crown, and had the girls place them out where they wanted them, then I just wrapped the hemp around and around until all the flowers were attached,
Vera snapped this one of me and I actually love it.
As for our plants we have super invasive grass so we just dig holes and trim back the grass/weeds as the plants grow.  For the Equinox we added thyme.
mint.
 and we watered our parsley which has been taking over!
 and our sage.
and since I was picking up Spring treats I opted for these organic coconut cookies, as I'm trying to avoid gluten and processed sugars.  but more on that in another post.

What are your favorite ways to celebrate Spring?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment