Tuesday, March 6, 2018

My Vegetarian Finds at Devour 2018

This past weekend I joined my brother-in-law Wayne Schutsky at the Desert Botanical Gardens as he went through Devour on behalf of Modern Times Magazine and East Valley Tribune, I snapped photographs for his stories and thought I might share some of my favorite vegetarian offerings from the event here, but I'll also be posting more in depth coverage on my food blog in collaboration with Stephanie Sparer, and you can read more about that here. But for now here's a look at the Valley's local vegetarian friendly samplings from Devour Phoenix 2018...
Proof Bread was there with a whipped ricotta cheese, lemon curd and honey glaze.  The bread was fluffy and crusty a perfect breakfast dessert, tart and sweet, I should have gone back for more.
 The Vig had flour-less chocolate cake, hooray for gluten-free, vegetarians.
 Tempe Public Market with an arugula and citrus salad.  I would eat this all summer long,
 Popcycle blond beer from O.H.S.O.
 Plantain Fosters from Otro Cafe and Gallo Blanco
Leafy greens from Merkin Vineyards, a perfect excuse for a day trip to Cottonwood.
Not an edible just beautiful.
In addition to the desert and desserts, Artist, Jesse Perry of @mrdowntownphx, was painting in one of the VIP section of Devour.
Probably my favorite food of the day came from Chef Dahl of Mariposa in Sedona, a lentil walnut croquet, I wonder if this one is in her cookbook.
 Chocolate Shakes from Loews Ventana Canyon.
Amazing Arizona baked bread from one of Loew's Ventana Canyon Resort Flavor Tucson Partner;  Barrio Bread in Tucson.   We actually bought a loaf there last time we were in Tucson and appropriately enough stayed at Loew's!
Also this delicious slightly spicy carrot salad, but sadly I must have been binge eating because I have no idea where they were from. But I promise to update as soon as I find out!
 Cannolis from Cibo.
 Asparagus Toast from True Food Kitchen.
Edible Flowers in this cocktail from The Windsor.
Press Coffee brewing fresh coffee and pouring nitro for the early morning attendees. The event started at 10:30 for VIPS. But you guys, its always 'early' if its before noon. and then you need an afternoon pick me up.  There is no bad time for coffee.
High Spirited Cupcakes
 Dole Whip from Bitter and Twisted.
 Squash cake from Kai
 Vegan Tamale from Chef Jones of the Larder + the Delta
 Cacio e Pepe from the Parlor
 Spirits from O.H.S.O.
 Elote Cafe, I'm 99% sure this was vegetarian, but I can't remember if had pork in it.  I'm gonna include it anyway.
Cocktails amongst the Cacti
 Citizen Public House
I'll share more over at BFC later this week what are your favorite Vegetarian Phoenix Local Restaurants?



No comments:

Post a Comment