Monday, January 18, 2016

Individual 7 Layer Ball Jar Appetizers.

Since I'm hosting the Super Bowl party at my house this year, I thought I'd share some of my favorite entertaining snacks.  This is a great meal prep item and appetizer.  I love this technique because I can actually make these the day before the game, or whenever is convenient for me.
Ingredients:
1-2 cans pinto beans {I used two but probably would opt for just one next time}
16 oz sour cream
16 oz Salsa
4-6 avocados
small sliced black olives
cilantro
diced tomatoes
1 black cheddar cheese shredded
salt + pepper to taste

I didn't see refried beans at the store, so I just bought pinto beans, strained them, heated them and smashed them. added a touch of salt and pepper and then added to the ball jars.
after heading and mushing, looking like refried beans.
a little messy but divided 2 cans of beans among 8 ball jars, I think it worked out well.
topped with sour cream {or plain Greek yogurt}, mushed avocado and salsa.
Then I added the shredded cheddar cheese, a few olives, diced tomatoes and cilantro.
total prep time maybe like 20 minutes, because I had to heat the beans, but actual assembly was pretty fast.
Topped with some chips and a spoon to get to the very bottom and your guests are good to go, no double dipping, no intermingling of germ fingers and best of all if you don't finish them on game day, they're already pre-made ready to grab for lunch the next day.  

What are your favorite game day tips and tricks?  What do you serve your guests? 
Seriously, I need ideas! tell me in the comments.



No comments:

Post a Comment