Thursday, April 15, 2021

DIY Lace + Corduroy Jacket

I shared this project on instagram earlier this year, but wanted to document it here as well.  This was one of our class projects for my fashion design and sewing class. I asked students to bring in old jeans or jackets to replace certain panels with lace.  For this project I used an upcycled gifted corduroy jacket from my friend Delmara.  I thought the almost square shape would be easiest to replace so I cut out that to start.
once the panel was cut and removed I cut the fabric to lay over it and then pinned the lace to the inside of the fabric.  The stitching was placed next to the trim from the original back panel so that my machine wouldn't have to go over the thickest part of the material multiple times. 
you can see the stitching here it's the white thread on the inside of the original trim. 
Here's what it looks like on but I think it would obviously showcase better with an open back dress. 
And here's a peek at the process from my instagram reels.

What should I upcycle next? 



No comments:

Post a Comment