Thursday, September 9, 2010

Plans to Vaccinate?

Um. I think not.

So I called my insurance the other day to find out what pediatrician we should see and I was informed that Naturopaths are excluded from my plan, as in if I go to see a Naturopath as opposed to M.D. or D.O. I will pay 100% of the billed amount NO MATTER WHAT. even if it's the exact same treatment (or better) than an MD or DO.
What. the. Fuck.

We have to see a doctor within 24 hours of baby being born- normally at a hospital this would be no big deal since there are doctors everywhere. However, for us at home, we have to take the baby somewhere. Meaning, after my labor experience, I will have to load my BRAND NEW child into a car seat and drive him or her to the doctor's office and wait in the waiting room (with all of the germs) and see the doctor. When I do finally see the doctor I will probably be lectured on the vaccines and shots necessary at birth, and I will have to politely decline them all... all within HOURS of giving birth.

UGH.

I hate health care in this country. I hate the common practices accepted by most family and friends. I hate that I have to explain our life choices ALL THE TIME. I love my child, I love my body, I love my land base. I shouldn't have to explain the reasons I choose to not pollute my body, my family or my land, and yet here I am informing you all. If you are reading this and offended. Don't be, most of my closest friends understand where I'm coming from and I love them and I don't mind "educating" them or showing them different ideas. It's the people in my life who judge us and don't want to converse. The people who are close minded and arrogant or those who just don't care, I can't handle. Here is some interesting info I saw on Meganislove's blog, written by another reader:

"This is direct from the CDC’s website:

Common substances found in vaccines include:

Aluminum gels or salts of aluminum which are added as adjuvants to help the vaccine stimulate a better response to the vaccine. Adjuvants help promote an earlier, more potent response, and more persistent immune response to the vaccine.
Antibiotics which are added to some vaccines to prevent the growth of germs (bacteria) during production and storage of the vaccine.
Egg protein is found in influenza and yellow fever vaccines, which are prepared using chicken eggs. Ordinarily, persons who are able to eat eggs or egg products safely can receive these vaccines.
Formaldehyde is used to inactivate bacterial products for toxoid vaccines, (these are vaccines that use an inactive bacterial toxin to produce immunity.) It is also used to kill unwanted viruses and bacteria that might contaminate the vaccine during production.
Monosodium glutamate (MSG) and 2-phenoxy-ethanol which are used as stabilizers in a few vaccines to help the vaccine remain unchanged when the vaccine is exposed to heat, light, acidity, or humidity.
Thimerosal is a mercury-containing preservative that is added to vials of vaccine that contain more than one dose to prevent contamination and growth of potentially harmful bacteria."


Image from Poison Planet

Formaldehyde?! and people think doctors know what's best?? I wouldn't do these things to an animal let alone my child. As I mentioned, I read this in Meganislove's blog it was part of her vaccine rant. I am so grateful to other independent women out there who talk about these issues. I hope those of you who read this are inspired and more aware than before. I hope you will consider how you choose to raise your children. I hope you will share these thoughts with others around you. I hope a regression back to natural living will occur with these posts. I hope my choices make a difference and I hope you choose to make a difference.

Happy Natural Parenting and Non-Vaccinating!



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment