Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween Weekend

The eve before Halloween this is what I was doing:
baking.baking.baking.




I got the recipe for the Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins here



I spend a lot of time in my kitchen, so I grabbed a shot of it for you with my Halloween towels out on display.


Caramel Apples (or at least I tried):
My caramel apple attempt didn't turn out too well. I was off to a great start (above) but right about the time the the caramel got to the soft ball temp. Sonja started crying and even though I was rocking her in her bassinet with my foot while stirring, I couldn't stand to see her upset so I pulled the caramel off the burner a degree too soon and the caramel never set up right (even though it looked okay at first). Going to turn the mess ups (below) into apple pie.

Halloween Night:
I'm supposed to be a painting by Sylvia Ji, she does lovely Dia de lod Muertos painting of Women, her older work is just beautiful women, but her more recent stuff is mostly all Day of the Dead style women. I love it.

Husband was also supposed to be a skeleton- he did his own make up... also, little Sonja Cake was a glow in the dark skeleton. She's crying here cause Daddy is so scary looking.

Our Pumpkins and tin lanterns I made.



I love Halloween; tastey desserts, craft projects, dress up, and more!
Hope everyone else had a Happy Halloween too!!


P.S. Momma Monday post later today/night.

No comments:

Post a Comment