Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Momma Monday no. 31

Sorry this was supposed to be published yesterday but I forgot to hit the publish post button.  opps.

Anyway here is the Momma Monday update for Monday March 14, 2011.

This week has been crazy busy for me!  I started working from home for some design work for an architecture firm in Phoenix and I also had a ceramic midterm.  Friday night I was too lazy to plan a meal so we decided to go on a date.  We ended up at True Food, an organic delish restaurant.  Soo good, and I've breastfed there 2 times before sans cover and have yet to get as much as a mean glare.  Here are some photos from the night:
First time EVER in a high chair
But she loved her Daddy's arms more, and the plants behind his head
Sorry I forgot to get a before picture of the meal, but we cleaned our plates before I could remember


Also, this week I got new sunglasses.  You might remember this photo from the park:
Now I have sides!  

A few other things I've been meaning to mention about my life as a mom.

1.  I never thought I'd have to memorize children's books but I memorized The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle and I found out that if Sonja is throwing a fit in the car, all I have to do is "read" her this story and she calms down. I have read it as often as 5 times in one drive before.  It never gets old to her.  I read a while back that you should repeat the same books to babies, it helps comfort them and so we did, then once I memorized it I was able to pull it out of my mom bag and recite it.  Works so well, new moms, take note.  This is seriously such a nice trick to have!

2. My back hurts a lot.  My knee hurts.  My hand muscle where my thumb meets my palm hurts.  Moms to be and new moms; work these areas as much as you can!  I wish I would have practiced lifting weights the way I hold a baby.  SERIOUSLY, it's a bit of a shock to your system holding a baby all day, but worth it!  I've found Glucosamine is a miracle muscle and joint reviler.  Unfortunately, I ran out last week and am paying dearly with my back now, even though I only missed 2 days of supplements.  So new moms, do yourself and your body a favor, get some Vegetarian Glucosamine or the regular kind (made from shell fish) and give your body a nice boost in lubrication.  

I think that's all for this weeks updates.  
Happy Monday!
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!


1 comment:

  1. I totally know what you mean about being sore! Now that my son is 7 months old I am lugging around such a heavy baby and I've started strength training and my back and arms feel better already. I take fish oil capsules every day but I should get glucosamine! I've heard it makes you feel so much better and it's great for preventing future arthritis as well.

    ReplyDelete