Tuesday, May 17, 2011

D.I.Y. Granola Bars

So, I have a seperate food blog here if you're interested.  but here are the Granola Bars I made yesterday inspired by shutterbean's recipe.




I don't know why I haven't made these sooner.  Husband is always snacking and I'm always baking, but I'm glad I finally tried it.  At first I thought it was an epic fail since they were so gooey when I pulled them out of the oven and let them cool.  But after letting them set up over night in the fridge they are perfect texture!

No plastic baggies here!

I didn't have wheat germ like all the other recipes called for, but since I had granola instead of rolled oats I thought it would work and it did.  Next time though, I'm gonna get the wheat germ and test the difference.

Want to make them? click here to get the full recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment