Saturday, June 30, 2012

Better than a Birchbox {at least for the environment}

With all this talk of Birchboxes, {a sample box, many women are subscribing to for monthly goodies} I was curious what organic or environmentally conscientious "boxes" were out there.  Here's what I found!

For the Mamas {with or without kids}:
Conscious Box. {leaves and pine cones not included}

Conscious Box
I think their mission statement says it all.  But basically they are just a really aware group sharing resourceful and purposeful organic and environmentally friendly products.  So, the things you have to use; like toothbrushes, snacks and lip balm, you can find in a green alternative.


Pink Moment
This box specializes in beauty products that are not only good for your appearance but also the earth. See all their sample companies here.

Blissmo Box
With a seriously long list of Organic companies, there is a sample for everyone!  They even have awareness of vegan and gluten free products!

Green Grab Bag
This bag comes with a minimum of six organic {toxin free} beauty samples every month for $15 a month, shipping is free.

Eco-Emi
Also only $15 a month (shipping not included), "recieve 5-10 samples of of natural, organic, green, eco-friendly, cruelty free, vegan, vegetarian or Fair Trade products to your door wrapped in chic earth friendly packaging!"

For the Kiddos:

Green Kid Crafts
This sounds like so much fun! I'm always trying out new projects with The Cupcake! This box contains at least 3 inspiring projects each month that will engage your kiddo with the world and with nature!

Garden crate from Kiwi Crate.

Kiwi Crate
This crate is about $20 a month and they have a wide selection of crates with various activities.

Little Passports
I don't know eco conscious this company is, but it's a great idea!!  Basically, every month, your kid receives a box with information about a foreign country.  It's got letters, stickers,photos and souvenirs, definitely something I want Sonja to have, since I plan on having her be well traveled!  Prices range from 11.95 per month prepaid to over $100 for a whole year.  

For the Papas {with or without kids}:

Birchbox Men
None of the other ones I found had a gender specific box for men.  So, even though it's not always organic products, I think this is the best guy box out there at the moment!


I found that most boxes ranged from about $10 monthly plus shipping to about $20 monthly sometimes including free shipping. Most could be ordered monthly and cancelled at any time, but there were discounts for prepaying for a whole year.

Now, I probably shouldn't have looked because now I want a subscription to each of them... Maybe Husband will get me one for my birthday.  The kids ones are what I'm going to tell the grandparents to get my Cupcake.  A gift a month?! What more could a kid ask for?!

What do you think?

Do you subscribe to a sample box?  Is it worth the cost? I never buy things for myself; cosmetically or fashionably so I'm curious if I'd even enjoy the items.

Let me know in the comments below.








You can also follow along on TwitterPinterestFacebook, and Tumblr!

p.s. if you have a moment, I'd really appreciate your vote. Click the banner below and then the owl on the left. {No email required and no spam generated! promise}
Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment