Tuesday, July 10, 2012

D.I.Y. Starting a Chevron Painting.

I know chevron patterns are all the rage right now, and I wanted to incorporate the pattern into a new watercolor painting of mine.  Below you'll find the step by step process for marking out a chevron pattern using a ruler and pencil.  
Divide your paper into four sections, mine was 24 inches across so I marked every 6 inches.

Then on each of those lines I marked one inch apart.  
I also marked the edges of the paper ever one inch, then I connected the inch placeholder on the left (the 2nd mark) to the top on the 1st column. 
I continued this all the way down the column.
Below you can see the completed column.
then in the second column, I went from the top of the page to the second inch mark on the middle column divider.
I repeated this process until the second column was complete.  THEN I went back and added the partial lines, the ones that go off the pages, I imagined they connected to an inch placeholder off the page.
Repeat the process for the 3rd and 4th columns.


Once all the columns are completed add any additional designs or images.  
Happy Chevron Drawing!

Now I just have to find time to finish this...




Feel free to follow along on TwitterPinterestFacebook, and Tumblr!



No comments:

Post a Comment