Sunday, April 28, 2013

Food Club No. 9 {The Montelucia Resort's Prado Restaurant}


Finally!  This month we were able to have our Fancy Brunch.  I'd been wanting to do this for a while but it seemed like schedules kept conflicting and this weekend almost everyone was able to join us!  We chose the Montelucia Resort's Prado Restaurant for their brunch buffet menu.  

Let's just start with the Amazing view from our table.
I wonder if we can just bring our swimsuits next time?!
"Grandpa Frank" sat us in our very own dining room.
Most of us ordered the Full Breakfast Buffet from the menu.
There were plenty of fruit options  Not to mention the fact that they didn't mix the fruit which I appreciate.  Sometimes, I only want pineapple you know? and even more important for people with allergies. {and the lovely Anna holding temporary member, baby Vera}
Love me some fruit, yogurt, and granola.
Pasties from the Continental breakfast {included in the "Full" buffet}, those center ones are cinnamon raisin.
Adorable mini croissants.
The Waffle and Omelette station.
So good!
A plate from the Full Buffet 
My not so pretty but really yummy waffle!
My omelette to order and savory potatoes!
The prettiest butter you ever did see.
Side of fruit plate.
Emily enjoying her bacon.
Sadly a few members had to take off before a group photo on the grounds.  {Missing Stephanie, Sara, Hope, and Emily} 
Such a lovely resort and beautiful day. Plus, I had an excuse to wear heels!


The Full Review:
Favorite Appetizer: Since I ordered off the Full Buffet, I was really able to try a little of everything, I think the pastries {which were both light and flakey} were a great place to start.  I also love fresh fruit so loaded my plate with that and the yogurt cups.  

Favorite Entree: I never make waffles for breakfast, so I was happy to have that.  And the omelette to order was great too.  All of the ingredients tasted fresh and flavorful.  I would have loved to try the eggs benedict if I hadn't done the buffet.  

Favorite Drink: Juice, Coffee and Tea were included with the Full Buffet.  I had coffee and for a second almost ordered a mimosa but since I had Vera with me I decided against it.  Coffee was flavorful, not burnt or stale, I appreciate a full bodied coffee and this wasn't weak either!

1-10 Service {0 worst, 10 best}: 10 The ambiance was beautiful, like I mentioned above, we had an amazing view.  We had a private room so we could talk as loud as we wanted.  The server constantly checked in with us.  Food came out quick or we were able to get our own buffet items easily.  Everyone was very helpful and welcoming.  Bathrooms were beautiful!  I honestly can't think of anything they could have done better for us.

Cost {$  $$  $$$  $$$$!}: $$$ There were some items on the menu in the lower price range but I highly recommend the Full Buffet so you can try EVERYTHING, and that was $23 plus gratuity since we were a large party.  I spent $31 after tip and $5 more for valet parking, although they did have a free lot {I just didn't want to drive around with a newborn in her car seat}

Mistakes {corrections?}: The server did charge someone for the full buffet when she ordered the continental but promptly corrected it once she told him.  Otherwise, everything was perfect!

Reservations? Yes, I called ahead since it was going to be a bigger group this month.  But they also have a spot to make reservations on their website for parties as small as two.

Would we eat there again? Yes! I'd actually enjoy staying at the resort as well, maybe a mini staycation this summer.  But I'm a huge fan of brunch, so next time Husband is up for it, I think I'll drag him along.



You can also follow along on TwitterPinterestFacebook, and Tumblr!

p.s. if you have a moment, I'd really appreciate your vote. Click the banner below and then the owl on the left. {No email required and no spam generated! promise}
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

2 comments:

  1. Sooo yum! The photos are making me want to go back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that was odd. I just wrote an incredibly long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over
    again. Anyhow, just wanted to say superb blog!


    Here is my web blog; selling scrap gold

    ReplyDelete