Tuesday, March 11, 2014

D.I.Y. Tissue Paper Tassel Garland {a Tutorial}

In preparation for Vera's First Birthday I made this Tassel Banner inspired by Tomkat Studio.
You'll need 10-20 sheets of tissue paper cut in half to create 20-40 working sheets {your choice for how full you want your tassel or for varying lengths}
White glue {such as elmer's}
Sharp scissors
Ribbon, string, or hanging thread.
Once the sheets have been halfed into the working sheet, fold in half and cut up both sides leaving a few inches on the top as pictured above.
Open cut sheet and begin to roll the paper.
Here's  video to see what I mean.
Once rolled you will twist.
See video to see where to add a drop of glue once twisting.
All it takes is a DROP of glue to hold the paper in it's twisted form.
Use your finger to hold the space for the stinging hole, once the glue dries {almost instantly} add to string.

Hang. 
{above} Finished garland!

Hope that helps explain how easy this project is!  It does take a bit of time to roll and twist so don't feel bad if you'd rather purchase one off etsy.  




Another resource for tutorials here and hereTo buy this exact garland you can email me at Orders@Jenniferlindschutsky.com


1 comment:

  1. Cute cute cute! I love garlands, and DIYing things that would otherwise be purchased!

    So I don't know if you're into this kind of thing, but I just got nominated for Leibster award and now I'm nominating you. If you want to accept, here's my post on how to do it.
    http://lydiashandmadelife.blogspot.com/2014/03/leibster-award.html

    ReplyDelete