Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Leibster Award!

Thank you to Lydia at Handmade Life for nominating me for the Leibster Award! 



This is actually my second time receiving this award! The Liebster award is for new bloggers, hooray! The word Liebster is a German word with many meanings: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, and even sweetheart or boyfriend. The award has a few different incarnations, each with its own set of rules. The rules that we're playing by go like this:


In order to accept the award after nomination you must:


1.      Thank the blogger who presented you with the Liebster Award and provide a link back to his or her blog.

2.      Answer the questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.

3.      Present the Liebster Award to several other bloggers who have blogs with 1000 followers or less whom you feel deserve to be noticed. Leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been nominated or email them.

4.      Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.


MY Nominees are:

Questions by Lydia ANSWERED BY ME:

1. How did you choose your blog topic?
I blog about what I like and what I like to read about, also things I would be sad if I forgot, so mostly crafting and documentation of my life.
2. How much time do you devote to blogging each week?
Changes every week, sometimes I'll write for 10 hours one week, staying up late practically every night and scheduling posts or not for a week or two.
3. What is the main reason why you started blogging?
I saw a friend of a friend in real life's blog and thought, I could do that, and I can but she still does it better, {and maybe better isn't the right word since we all have something important to say, but successful in terms of a business}.  Now I mostly do it to share things I've made or done that I think are interesting and worth documenting and sharing, sort of like journaling.
4. What makes your blog unique?
I don't even know if my blog is unique, but I think my life is MY life and since that's what I mostly share about, my kids, our travels, my crafts and events, those are things unique to me and my family.  
5. Do you consider yourself crafty? If so, what is your favorite kind of project to work on?
I think I'm crafty, I like to host events so anything for that is cool, I use my Art degree to make decor for my events, but besides that I want to paint, if I could do anything uninterrupted without the kids, it would be to paint, but with their age I don't really have that luxury so I do small crafty projects.
6. What were/are your favorite things about childhood?
I love the year to two stage, I love that they still listen and trust you when you're trying to keep them safe, but they also have a personality coming though.  I love their laughs and the things that easily entertain them.  I love that they aren't focused on their iphones or computer.  I love that they enjoy nature.  I love that they enjoy any food you offer them.  I love that they cuddle.  
7. What is your favorite food to make?
I don't make food so much anymore, my husband usually cooks and I eat.  I guess cake.  I love to make a good cake and frosting from scratch.
8. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I think we'll still be in our same home, but hopefully with close to enough saved up and paid off that our dream of living in a tropical location will be realistic and with a date in mind.  married, happy, with kids.
9. Do you do any writing besides blogging?
No, I'm a terrible speller and use more photos than words on this blog.
10. What's your favorite thing to wear?
yoga pants.  I don't even do yoga more than once a week these days {which I'm trying to change} but I LOVE yoga pants, especially as a mom, I'm constantly bending and moving so they're very practical.  And thankfully, I'm comfortable with my body's form enough that I find this acceptable {JUDGE ME!}
11. What is the most important thing you do each day?
Hug my children and tell my family members I Love them.  Oh and breathing. that's a big deal too.

Questions for my Nominees:
1. Where is your favorite place to travel, or do you want to travel?
2. What is the last book you read?
3. What type of foods do you enjoy?
4. What do you do to make the world a better place?
5. What is your guilty pleasure?
6. What was the last movie you saw in theatres?
7. Which Social Media Site are you most addicted to?
8. What is your favorite herb? {for medicinal or seasoning purposes}
9. Who is your favorite Artist {visual art}?
10. Who is your favorite Musical Artist?
11. If you didn't have to worry about money, what would you do all day?


x

No comments:

Post a Comment