Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Food Club no. 15 {The Parlor}

This past week was Bitches Food Club no. 15!  We went to local restaurant, The Parlor, in Central Phoenix. And can I just say if you're a new blogger and you want to be really awesome, I suggest forgetting your DSLR at home and you know? shooting 100% with your iphone 5S it really brings it all together {except not}
They had an over hour wait, even though I tried calling ahead.  They don't take reservations {not even for large groups} which is fine if you're not super hungry.  I also don't mind it if you can get drinks at the bar {which you can} while you wait {which I did} Above: "that's the jam" I believe and an off the menu "Pink Lady" to the right - which I highly suggest. {gimme all the grapefruit and gin}
Still waiting...
AND finally we sit. 
Yeah, I ordered another Pink Lady JUDGE ME! {but this one's my sister's} and Gretchen's soup to the right.
So unfortunate this Cauliflower Gratinata is blurry.  That's okay, at least you know it exists and that you MUST order it. I promise your mouth will thank me later. 
Stephanie had "the field green salad with dressing on the side and goat cheese instead of gorgonzola or whatever originally it had because I am a prissy little bitch"
Spicy Seafood Pasta
Pappardelle Bolognese {a basic pasta dish but good, all pastas served are made in house at the Parlor}.


these Bitches took my phone, sneaky ladies.

Build Your Own Pizza with Serrano Peppers, Mushrooms and Fresh Mozzarella.
Yukon Gold 
Love all of these ladies, and so thankful for an evening out to gossip about life, love and Swiss String.
{p.s. I'm not sure why google photos are downgrading my quality of my photos so much that Angie has blue teeth, but I think it's rude}.



The Full Review {their menu here}:
Favorite Appetizer: The Cauliflower Gratinata.

Favorite Entree: Any of the Pizzas are great.  I loved the Yukon Gold.

Favorite Drink: Off the menu; Pink Lady, we ended up ordering like 3 of them. It was a gin and grapefruit concoction.

1-10 Service {0 worst, 10 best}: 6 WAITING IS THE WORST. and waiting to order is worse-er. and waiting to pay is worse-est. but our server was nice when she was arond

Cost {$  $$  $$$  $$$$!}: $$-$$$ .  Somehow I always manage to spend more than anyone else.  Maybe it's because I got two drink and an appetizer with my entree but I think this could be a medium to low priced restaurant, I just order so much that it brings my total up.  I think I spent over $40 for JUST MY portion.  opps.  

Mistakes {corrections?}: Our server was nice but would go missing and when we were ready to pay {about 2.5 hours after arriving} she was no where to be found, and then when we did find her it took a while to pay, which is fine because we were a large group but still frustrating because I had fussy kids waiting for me to get home.  I think this place could definitely be more accommodating to larger parties, but obviously business is good, because they don't care.

Reservations? NONE. EVER. Unless you buy out the restaurant and book the whole space for a HUGE event .

Would we eat there again? Yes. I've actually been there before, but a few ladies hadn't.  I don't like to go there on busy weekends but during the week when it's just two people the wait isn't bad.  I think the Pink Lady and the Cauliflower Gratinata are well worth the wait.

1 comment:

  1. The food looks amazing! I'd order the spicy shrimp I think. And Jen - you look so elegant and stunning in your LBD (or LBP and LBT)! We have to go next time we're in Phoenix! Love to all Aunt J and Uncle C

    ReplyDelete