Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Muffins


It's been a while since I've shared a recipe but I just made these amazing banana walnut chocolate and cacao nib muffins, and I HAD to share them.  I am constantly buying bananas for my smoothies, but sometimes I forget to use them all and they turn brown so I have to find a good use for them.  This time I made these and they turned out so good.

I used:
2 cups organic rolled oats
1 cup organic flour
1 cup organic Greek yogurt

Splash of almond milk {about 1/3 cup}
2 organic eggs
1/2 organic coconut {or raw sugar or honey}
2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 TBSP organic ground flaxseed 
Splash organic vanilla extract 
3 ripe organic bananas 
1/2 cup walnuts
1/2 organic chocolate chips
1/4-1/2 cacao nibs


Mix. Bake 350* f for 20 minutes or a bit longer if necessary.  



Also you may have noticed I have them in parchment paper because I forgot we were all out of cupcake liners and remembered this pin I saw to use parchment paper and it worked SO well.  





Hope you enjoy these muffins as much as my kids and I do. I think I ate six before they cooled off all the way.  opps.





No comments:

Post a Comment