Thursday, August 14, 2014

La Muñeca an artistic inspiration.

My friend, "La Muñeca," is amazingly talented.  I've blogged about her work before but wanted to share a few more of her recent images from her first solo show at The Coe House in downtown phoenix. The closing reception is tomorrow evening, and if you're in the area you should check it out because her work has progressed so beautifully over the last 3 years of our friendship.  She's actually working a similar style that I aspire to, which is probably why I love it so much, but her use of bold colors and controlled "mess" works so cleanly together that I can't help but inspect each one in detail for tiny accents.  Her work deals with social justice or rather more specifically social unjustice as many of her pieces specifically at this show deal with the complications of children of mexican decent entering the U.S. no matter the opinion of immigration the affects of children being transported into a new land are visually expressed though her work with a very real sense of disappointment, hurt, and yet still hope.
I'm so happy to have found a strong vocal woman though my midwife community and am exited to see how she progresses on her journey not only as a mother but as an artist.
 






    

No comments:

Post a Comment