Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Bitches Food Club no. 23 {the gladly}














The Full Review :
Favorite Appetizer: We didn't get one for the table but the Fondu that Stephanie was amazing! I'm not a fan of smoked cheese but if you are, the gladly is the place for you!

Favorite Entree: I think the scallops were the winner, although for a more economical yet amazing entree the mac and cheese was phenomenal, again not a fan of smoked cheese but the tomato chutney on top really paired well with it and I would totally order that again.  Also the side of brussel sprouts was on point, over grits. yes.  you want that.

Favorite Drink: This was the first place I've ever sent a drink back, I didn't see the smoked paprika and I don't know if you heard me but I do not like smoked flavoring. anyway they made me a the 'Lost Love' which was  Forteleza blanco tequila, Del Maguey crema de mezcal, pineapple gomme, Zucca Amaro, lime, cinnamon, served up and again yes. you want that.

1-10 Service {0 worst, 10 best}: 8. Overall the service was fine, nothing really bad about it, but also not like "OMG we love this place", in fact once we paid the bill {even though we were still talking finishing drinks} no one came around to refill our waters, as a service this is still a no go, you never know when people stay later, yeah it's a pain but sometimes they change their mind and order another round, and in general its polite to at least make sure guests have water, this is the last thing they remember about the experience. 

Cost {$  $$  $$$  $$$$!}: $$-$$ I think everything was reasonable, although that was the most expensive drink I've ever ordered, but it's strange because the actual restaurant wasn't that fancy and people were under dressed.  Entrees weren't cheap but I built my meal out of a few appetizers and that was perfect for me.

Mistakes {corrections?}: none. 

Reservations? They took them for our large party, not sure if it would be necessary on a weeknight for a smaller group or date but might be worth asking.

Would we eat there again? nah, I love their sister restaurant Citizen Public House and I'll be sticking to their Scottsdale location, not all the smoke items, but similar enough and better drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment