Friday, October 23, 2015

A Trip to Denver for Some Bestie Wedding Prep!

Last week I headed to Denver to help my best friend prepare for her wedding,  and for the first time in over five years, I went somewhere.  By. My. Self.  Husband agreed to keep the kids at home with him for two days so I could fly out early to help.  And with the help of family and friends I felt confident leaving my family at home.  Even though I was a mix of emotions, I have to say it was the best decision I could have made...
When I first arrived in Denver I was greeted with the beautiful fall weather and actual falling leaves.
The bride and I doodled these table numbers with opaque paint pens and the bride assembled them on skewers to be placed in vases with the flowers.
I went with the bride to be to Meininger's to find the right ink for these name plates, then I wrote all the names freehand, it felt wonderful to be creative and purposeful in my art again. 
Thursday evening we headed to the spa for our bachelorette evening.  
The view from the Spa Universaire was peaceful and calming.
With a few close friends we enjoyed a combination of massages, pedicures, facials, and manicures.
They even brought us champagne and chocolate.
obviously, we had a great time.
 I freehanded this sign with her adorable hashtag {her students came up with} the morning before my family was set to arrive.  I was starting to miss them, but all these projects kept me distracted. 
While I was adding finishing touches to the sign, the bride's aunt and her, made her bouquet and boutonnieres. 
Once the flowers were assembled and projects completed, we headed to Queen Anne bed and Breakfast were the Bride and Groom's families were staying.
When we checked in we received this adorable welcome bag on our bed.
If you didn't guess ,the bride also made these, stencil and spray paint, filled with goodies.
Once my family arrived, we were back to life as usual.
We played at the park.
And then we headed to the welcome dinner.
Hosted at Denver Beer Co. the close out of town family and friends of the Bride and Groom enjoyed a beautiful Friday night dinner.
Of course, I ordered the Graham Cracker Porter. 
And Sonja enjoyed taking some photos.
I love seeing images through the lens of my children. This is how she sees me.  and her sister. 
Then, Vera decided to display the instax images in a really cool way. my little curator.
and I don't know why but I love this image Sonja snapped of our dinner and her dad. 
Shabbat blessing over challah. 
And enough kind words from the mother of the bride to get a few of us teary eyed.
I had such a wonderful time prepping for the wedding and hanging out with my best friend, but I sure was happy to have these two girls back at my side.  

Next up, I'll be sharing images of the wedding day with getting ready and reception images, as the bride requested no photos during the ceremony {her photographer, Shasha was amazing and super talented, you can find her website here and instagram here}.






No comments:

Post a Comment