Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Bitches Food Club no. 26 {The Coronado}

This month's meet up was sort of low key, everyone was so busy and the place we picked was kind of small, so we decided to try out The Coronado's Happy Hour.  Daily from 3-6 {but currently extended until 7pm} we met there at 5:15.
The lighting in the bar was beautiful, I loved their wall of alcohol and their drinks were all made in ball jars. 
The bartender was super helpful and since we had never been there before she told Emily and I a little about the place.
the cafe operates under counter services which means you need to go to the counter to order. 
We got the Edgemont {It was light and refreshing!} and the Almeria {sweet and light, like a coffee dessert drink}. 
According to Macey, "[She] loved the Edgemont! It was like a delicious sparkling basil lemonade. I love that they use all house made syrups and I have yet to be disappointed with one of their cocktails (I think I've tried 4 by now}"
Their Corn {$2 off during happy hour}
Emily says, "The street corn was on point, perfectly roasted and the flavors were great. Fried guacamole: I wasn't sure how they were going to do that, but they nailed it. All my guacamole dreams have now come true. The jack fruit sliders: so tasty, you would never know it wasn't meat! Can't beat the happy hour price, and I liked how it went until 7, so you don't really have to rush off of work to enjoy it. Disliked that they didn't have prickly pear syrup and there was some confusion at times with orders, but really nothing terrible."
Fried Guacamole {$2 off during happy hour}, could have used more guac or less chips, the ratio was slightly off.
Jack fruit sliders, think pulled pork but no meat. 
 "I got the Cypress first which was fantastic! Hints of orange citrus. Second was the Edgemont. That was fizzy and delightful. I was bummed that they didn't have the Palm, but glad I branched out." describes, Gretchen and she adds, "Also, they gave me happy hour prices even though I missed happy hour by ten minutes or so. The servers were extremely friendly."
Little man Arthur joining us for the evening keeping us all entertained with his interest in my tattoo.
I mean how could you not instagram his adorable little face?
Anna and Meghan. 
Tammy and A. 
Anna and Gretchen.

The Full Review {their menu here}:
Favorite Appetizer: Street Corn.  Messy but delicious! The Fried Guacamole was also really good, but not quite enough dip for all the chips.

Favorite Entree: 3 of us ended up ordering the Jackfruit sliders, I feel bad for not trying something else! Honestly everything looked amazing, but if you want something we can guarantee is delicious, go with the sliders.

Favorite Drink: I really wanted to try the Palm but they were out of prickly pear, so I think the Almeria was my favorite from the choices {vodka, Kahlua and house made horchata syrup}

1-10 Service {0 worst, 10 best}: 8.  We had some confusion over the orders but they brought out the missing items {and I think even accidentally maybe an extra fried guacamole}  We weren't stoked they were out of the prickly pear syrup and they didn't have sweet and sour {or anything similar} to make a margarita which was a bummer, but as far as making sure we left happy, they did a great job.

Cost {$  $$  $$$  $$$$!}: $ especially since it was happy hour, drinks were $7 and most of the things we ordered were $2 off, total I left spending about $20 but that included two drinks and a tip.

Mistakes {corrections?}: Didn't bring out a couple items right away but quickly made them and brought them out.  

Reservations? We didn't even try since we knew it was a small space and there were about 8 of us, so we just go there early for happy hour on the patio, it's pretty small so if you want a spot, especially on a weekend I would call and ask.

Would we eat there again? Yes, I want to go back right now and try their coffee and pastries too!

No comments:

Post a Comment