Monday, January 11, 2016

Current Bath Tub Reads

As a mom I have to be really selective with my time, I can't waste it on one task alone, so when I'm working out {specifically cardio} or relaxing in the bath, I try to fit in a bit of reading time as well.  So I thought I'd share some of my current bath tub reads with you, and if you have any suggestions I'd love to hear about them {just leave me a comment with some suggestions}!

I just finished The Prehistory of Sex, which I actually ordered because I thought it would have more of a reference for prehistoric birth control, or information regarding family planning and natural alternatives to modern methods.  But it actually had a lot of information ranging on reproduction, from prehistoric practices, societal norms, taboos and so much information on actual genetic variables and gender.  I would highly recommend this book for anyone interested in anthropology, or interest in prehistoric up to modern civilizations and reproduction information throughout history. There were so many interesting facts I didn't know about the human body or how various cultures prevented pregnancy and their spiritual practices for reproduction.

I'm currently reading Unlearn, Rewild.  I ordered this book with the hope of learning a few new skills for camping, hunting or simply useful survival reference.  It's a lot more than that, with a little bit unnecessary commentary on civilization and problems with out current culture.  I already have opinions on all that goodness, so I really just wanted a reference book with skills to help my family if there was a need, like how do you prep food, or what kind of dwelling options are there? or maybe techniques for creating tools, or how to use plants as resources, that kind of thing.  I'm still working my way though it, but I think I might start checking books out from the library before I buy them, or maybe rent them for my kindle first, to see if they're worth having a hard copy of, this one, so far, is a maybe.

Next up is Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner's Guide,  I'm not sure how much of this I'll actually be reading in the bath tub, it might be more of a practical use guide, from what I've seen there are instructions and recipes, but also general information.  I like more story based reading for the bath, but I also really enjoy learning about plants as resources for food, nourishment and healing, so maybe I can enjoy reading about the process for those applications, while relaxing.





No comments:

Post a Comment