Monday, October 24, 2016

Thoughts on Forgivness

Sometimes the hardest person to forgive is yourself. 


I'm not sure why, but I often will replay past mistakes over and over until I literally make myself sick from guilt.  How could I be so stupid?  How could I forget?  How could I make a mistake?!

Hello.  I'm human.  No one is perfect and while there are lots of things I'm good at, there are equally just as many I'm not.  And I think I make an effort to be respectful and cautious and careful.  but still mistakes happen.  Sometimes they can be prevented and I find lists help me to be less forgetful.  When I have a thought I write it down. I've trained myself to operate within my own self induced chaos yet, on occasion I fail.

All this negative self talk has me reflecting; What is the point of holding on to all the frustration judgement and hurt against ourselves?! Of course part of those emotions are built in to remind us of our mistake to not let it happen again, I'm sure, but does the actual obsession of a mistake really benefit us when so extreme and overthought?

Would a better lesson for ourselves and body be to forgive (but not forget)?

What lesson can I learn from this?

I've been trying to forgive myself for a on-the-grand-scheme-of-things a small mistake (but one that felt big in the moment) and so I breathe and think "even though I make mistakes, I love myself unconditionally" and  "even though I make mistakes, I forgive myself unconditionally"

It's not something that fixes itself right away, but it's necessary and I think I'm making progress, s l o w l y.  How do you move past a mistake or regret?  How do you allow yourself to heal?  How do you forgive yourself?



No comments:

Post a Comment