Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Random Recap {a quick update for our month of February}

// Well it's been a while since I've shared our daily life here on the blog, but I'm trying to get back in the habit of sharing the random details of our life, to reflect on our experiences and just get back to that blogging mentality so here's a glance at our February and our current life.
Slightly warmer weather means I'm able to go outside and actually hang out with our chickens, check for eggs and feel a little sunshine.
My henna has been at the top of my list lately and I adorned this beautiful belly just a few days before her daughter arrived.
Since our garden has been busy growing lemons, we decided to juice them and make some honey lemonade.
we juiced all the lemons we could reach and then I added water and honey - I never measure anything.
we got dressed up for a gala dinner for our school and I snapped a photo of Husband in front of these monochromatic map prints at the Phoenix Art Museum.
I've been trying to get back to a more plant based diet so I tried my hand at coconut curry last week, I didn't love the way it came out but I did love trying spices that we hardly use.
look at that turmeric color!
Anyone have a perfect curry recipe?! I need it!
We also took our first trip to Dig It an urban nursery.
The girls had a hard time picking out flowers for their garden...
I decided on these bright gold and red vibrant ones to add to some planters in our back yard.
Sonja loved the velvet feel of each flower petal.
I was also happy to visit some bees in the nursery, always happy to see these little guys. 
The girls however were even more exited once they saw the parrots. Vera even made a friend with a little boy name Xander (could have been Alexander - she wasn't too sure of her answer).
//more bees and blooms
Life is full of difficult choices, espically when it comes to which plant you want to bring home with you, ultimately the girls both decided on succulents, which they planted as soon as we got home.
Remember how I said henna is my main creative drive right now?  Well I recently hosted a workshop with Kristen Fagan and we worked on a watercolor mandala and then I drew matching henna on our participants.  It was a lot of fun and totally brought me back to the paintings I love creating. 
A post shared by LA LUNA HENNA☽ L.L.C. (@lalunahenna) on

I wouldn't have thought to do the moons if it hadn't been for the moon phases tattoos form one of our participants, I knew I wanted to incoprortate a moon somehow, but once I realized there were 8 "quadrants" to my mandala I knew I wanted the cycle, and when I saw Cassie's leaf in the center of her mandala I mistook if for an eye and then realized I wanted to do that too, it's so fun the creative energy you experience around other creative people.  
Just wanted to include this image of Husband cooking dinner because he literally makes dinner for me and the girls every single night.  We appreciate that.
But moving on, as we wrap up February we move into March which means Devour week! Sunday we attended the Bartending competition which my brother in law wrote about here, and I documented at Bitches Food Club.  I'll be the first to admit I took on too much too quick, should have taken a snack break like Gretchen. 
But who could resists drinks this good?

Anyway, that's a peek into our lives (and I'm sure there were plenty of typos in there too, oh well), I'll make sure to post another monthly update sometime at the end of March.  You can always follow along at @jenniferlindschutsky on instagram and see what we're up to on the daily.  




    

No comments:

Post a Comment