Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Driving Home.

If you've been following along for our road trip this is the final stretch of the two weeks in the car with two kids and a dog.  We drove straight from Spokane to a small gross campsite in Utah, seriously the worst site ever, I didn't even take a picture because it was terrifying to get to and the whole place gave me the creeps.  But a bit south and near the border of AZ we stopped at a tiny rock shop that caught our eye, and they have coffee.  Coffee, Ice Cream,  and Crystals.  
 The girls browsed the precious gems while I headed outside to find these chunks of glass. 
Still trying to figure out what I could use these giant aqua glass 'stones' for, but obviously I need them. 
There were also rocks and stones of a more natural variety on the side of the building.  The kids got tiny bags of assorted stones for $5 and I swear they're Sonja's most prized possession.
 We made it! Blurry but home.
on the road we know and love.
we decided to try a campsite off the Colorado river to see if it would be crowded on the fourth of July weekend but thankfully the desert is so hot, the place was almost completely empty. 
One of the only sites with a tree on it. those shade structures over the picnic tables barely helped shelter us from the sun. So we went down to the water. 
The kids entertained themselves for hours with rocks and weeds.
I love the textures of the desert soft and rough at the same time, gentle breezes and harsh winds have sculpted every surface of this space. 
 We found cool air on the shore of the Colorado hiding in some bushes. 
After an evening in the water we headed back to our campsite refreshed and restored, 
Sonja sorted her treasures as Husband cooked dinner.
We said goodnight to the moon and gave our thanks for the travels we just experienced, there's nothing like being home. 

It took me a lot longer than any other blog post to reflect on our travels this summer, so much happened to myself and my body from then until now.  It was hard to look at these photos knowing there was a third life in me at the time, and now it's not there now, it explained so much, why I was so tired at the end of our trip and happy to finally be home (usually I don't get home sick until months into a trip).  But I feel good looking at these now, knowing we all lived here for a day. It's one of our favorite spots and I can't wait to go back,  Thanks for following along on with all my ramblings, here's to more adventures this Fall and projects and crafts too. 









No comments:

Post a Comment