Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Edinburgh, Scotland.

I almost always have a henna cone on me, and airplanes are no exception, I usually keep myself busy mid flight by adorning my hands.  It totally helps me practice because of turbulence, I'm well prepared for the clients who move while they talk.  This design was heavily influenced by the Teggest Inspired class by Hand of Fatima at Henna Huddle and it was so unique the guy at the tram station actually asked if we had just got back from Morocco because of my henna.  He was so impressed with the design and couldn't believe I did it because one of those little symbols is actually a letter from his native language.  I love how henna connects humans.
I made husband get the touristy AF photo of me in between the EDINBURGH sign at the Airport. Look how big my jacket is, I had to buy one in London when they lost our bags and it was the thickest biggest one I could find.
 As we walked to our Air BnB we saw the castle and were immediately in love with this city.  It was medieval and modern and quaint yet lively.
 I may or may not have booked this place because of the fridge alone.  Judge me.
 Here's a photo of me afraid of being cold on our walk.
Here's a photo of me with my make up done. still cold. 
 We walked down our street to an adorable pub; The Fiddler's Arms and ordered our first Scottish Ale of the trip.
Then I of course ordered the Vegetarian Haggis balls because I was so excited to see a vegetarian version of traditional Scottish food, not sure how 'traditional' these were, but they were my favorite.
Husband the carnivore opted for the lunch special Bangers and Mash.
and I got this goat cheese salad with sun dried tomatoes and balsamic.  It was a good start to our time in Edinburgh.
 After lunch we wondered the streets.
It was so cold and everything was already getting dark at 4pm, so we knew we needed to make our time count, we decided to walk up to the castle.
 Somewhere down there is our tiny apartment.
 // view from the castle entrance.
Edinburgh Castle // We didn't go inside because it was a little too expensive for our budget but if you go, let us know if it's worth it, hopefully we can afford it next time. 
We wanted to go back to Mary's Milk Bar for dessert but they were closed both days we were there.  So, if you're there any day besides Monday and Tuesday, get some gelato and think of me. 
The next morning we stopped at L'Etoile, a French restaurant downstairs from our Apartment to find the best quiche and dijon mustard dressing + my almond milk latte was perfect.  I was really so pleasantly surprised to find so many vegetarian and dietary accommodations thoughout the city. 
 I just really liked the brick on this building.
And here's a random thing we found.  
There's a cat hiding in that grass. 
 View from the hike to Arthur's Seat.
Next day henna stain at Arthur's Seat. 
 so much wind. 
 the ravens were everywhere.
 I found blackberries but Husband didn't trust me enough to try them.
 The fall colors were mesmerizing.
 from far away this looked like an eye, up close, something else.
moo.
 Traditional Haggis for the husband
 Sweet potato and peanut butter soup.  You read that correctly.  It was amazing.
 Castle lit up at night on our walk back to our Airbnb

 Our 8am flight required us to be up and on the tram by 5:30 am, which is great because we got this parting farewell view complete with crescent moon. 
I send a few post cards off from the airport in the morning, still haven't received them and we've been home a week, hoping they show up sometime soon! 



     

1 comment: