Friday, December 1, 2017

another 24 hours in Ireland

The last stop on our trip was a quick 24 hours in Dublin to celebrate my birthday before catching our flight home the next morning.  We were both so tried from traveling almost non stop and jet lag it was quite the effort to get out and about while it was still light out to explore.
I wanted to go to the Jameson Distillery for a tour but Husband didn't want to do anything touristy so we wander the streets looking for our own adventures.
// Cathedrals
// St. Patrick's Cathedral
When I asked him to look at me for a photo.
We did find Marsh's Library which was on my list, all the books are from the 1700s or earlier and while you can't touch them, or take photos, some scholars are allowed to use them and review them on the premises officially maintaining the term library.
They did have a selfie corner so obvi we made use of that.
Found fairy gardens that reminded me of my daughters. future project inspiration.
We also walked past Dublin Castle, one of my favorites because they had such a unique mix of modern bright bold colors on the foundation of the medieval castle.
That's definitely something I loved about Edinburgh and Dublin, the mix of modern architecture in juxtaposition with the old castles and carriage houses.  In Phoenix the oldest thing we have is maybe from the 1920's all the native settlements before then have vanished or been torn down for new building. the only thing that remains from before colonization are the canals.  So, when visiting much older places with more historical context it's interesting to see how the historic and modern have mingled. 
I was also in awe of the Autumn colors we don't get changing seasons like this so it's always a treat to go somewhere with falling leaves and colors.
After we explored we went back to our hotel for a nap before setting out for birthday celebration drinks.
I ordered a stout because Ireland. 
I ate more bread and cheese for dinner. 
and we said goodnight to Tempe Bar and Dublin. until next time Ireland.



No comments:

Post a Comment