Monday, December 4, 2017

Giving Thanks

A little late to the game but never too late to say Thanks.  This whole month has been a complete whirl wind.  The good busy kind of stress, but still stress none the less.  In the moments here and there that I'm able to reflect, I've been making micro lists of things I'm grateful for and letting that anxiety about one looming issue go.  

so, in no particular order I give you my gratitude log;
1. My health.  my lungs are clear, my skin is clean, my heart if full, I feel energized and well, with everyone else getting sick around me, seasonal and otherwise, I'm happy to know the work I put into my body is keeping me strong and healthy. 
2. My kids. They test me, well one more than the other.  Sometimes I fail miserably.  I yell. scream even.  I try again.  I love them and their unique personalities, I'm proud of their brilliance something I'm not so sure I contributed to.  It's like magic listening to my older daughter read.  To know she's learning and understanding something new each time she opens a book.  I'm so proud of her. 
3. My home. It protects us from the heat and the cold.  It is a nest for my creativity.  I honor the sacred space it has offered to me and my family.  Each room has a unique energy and story from the birth of our daughters to the bathroom of my dreams, maybe one day I'll share more on each space and it's evolution. 
4. My partner.  Sometimes it's the easiest thing in the world when you're with your other half, other times that resentment and frustration you have within yourself is placed on your mirror.  I'm lucky enough to have someone who loves me through my flaws and celebrates life with me.  Sometimes I put unrealistic standards on people and try to control them.  I'm grateful to learn the life lessons that I can't do this to people and still be happy. 
5. Clean water. which reminds me I need to replace our Berkey Water filters (not sponsored just the best filter ever).
6. Groceries. 
7. Debt.  This is a huge shift for me, it's no surprise to anyone who knows me, knows I stress about money. but I've tried to accept that the debt we have is from living our life to the fullest and never having to want for anything, there's never been a time when we were sick or hungry and couldn't afford the help we needed, never.  Not once.  and yes we have to pay back that money but it's a luxury we were able to get what we needed when we needed it, and after all money is fake isn't it?
8. Travel.  I've been to everywhere that was on my list this year, working on a new list for next year.
9. Yoga.  I finally feel like I'm moving my body as much as I need to, I'm breathing purposefully.  I'm sweating (goodbye toxins!) and I'm strong.
10. Henna.  Who knew one little plant and some essential oils could change my life?  I feel like I've found a huge aspect to my artistic calling and I'm so lucky for the friends who support me.
11. My teaching jobs.  I love that people trust my knowledge in something enough to let me share it with others.
12.  Jobs that pay the bills (and taxes).
13. Photography. I love capturing happy moments at weddings. I tear up most of the day but love watching people in love.  And families, I'm freezing a moment of their life for them, it's a little overwhelming but I'm grateful people trust and respect me enough to let me do this for them, it's a huge honor.
14. Health Insurance.  When my husband's family business closed this year I didn't know what we were going to do, the quotes I was getting were TWICE as much as our mortgage.  I am so thankful we have access to reliable healthcare thanks to the government - for now. 
15. Plants.  Nothing specific I just love them and that they clean the air for us.
16. Warm Baths - with a little Epsom salt and essential oils.
17. My vitamins which allow me to fill in nutrient gaps that my body demands. 
18. My hands. Everything i do and make is with them, they are my most precious tool, I should probably insure them.
19. My anxiety and intuition, I wouldn't recognize one without the other, my anxiety keeps me humble, no one is perfect, but it's the contrast to it that has allowed me to listen to my gut, what I really know and feel to be true I can usually tell if something is real or pending because there's no fear just fact that it will happen. 
20. Family and their unconditional love.
21. Our dog and cat. They bring life and energy and accountability into our home.  
22. Friends especially those who let me cry and vent and laugh with them.
23. The desert and her harsh beauty.  
24. The Heat here, it's purifying. 
25. The Ocean when we visit her, she washes away fear and welcomes us.  She's gentle and powerful I don't underestimate her strength. 
26. Women who came before me, unafraid to be themselves, demand a better life and do whatever it takes to get it and the respect they deserve. 
27. My car, I almost forgot, it's currently a huge provider of income for our family and I'm so grateful we are able to have reliable transportation not only in my car but the additional car we own as well. 

And I think that's my list for now, I know I could keep going, but it feels right to stop here.  Do you make a thanksgiving list? I'd love to read it, add the link in comments if that's still a thing bloggers do. xoxo. 




No comments:

Post a Comment