Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Yoga Journey no. 1


I have some exciting news about some new opportunities and updates on my life!  I am so happy to announce that I'm in the process of researching yoga teacher certification with Core Power Yoga.  I've been wanting to do this for a really long time, but when I got pregnant with my youngest daughter 4 years ago I knew it was a goal that would have to wait, the amount of hours of classes and the cost weren't realistic as a new mom, so I put it off.  But then a couple of months ago Core Power Yoga hosted free Sunday morning yoga at the Yard, in anticipation of their new studio space.  My friend Cameron and I promptly signed up for the classes and were hooked.  I signed up for their introductory rate for two months of yoga at a crazy low price.  I went to my first class and instantly became heartbroken knowing that unlimited yoga was not in my budget after my two months were up.  Because of our current budget and income.

But as I was leaving the locker room I saw a sign for their yoga for trade program. It said for three hours of work, you receive unlimited monthly FREE yoga.  Right now, we don't have any extra money, but I do have some limited extra time, and this was a priority!  So I emailed and set my intentions to manifest the time I was available and sure enough at the interview the coordinator offered me the EXACT time I was hoping for! In addition to the free yoga, they also offer YFT members 20% off of their instructor programs.

It was like the universe threw all this at me because I was recently considering going back to teaching full time.  It was a choice I was considering even though I knew I would be sacrificing so much freedom for barely any more money.  But I was thinking of insurance and retirement benefits like a responsible adult and mother of two should.  But after much meditation, and intuition work I decided I don't want to teach art full time, I want to create when I want to create.  I love teaching but I want to own my time and choose a schedule that works for me.  I want to focus on my henna and photography and return to the motions of my body and share that with others.  I'm still in the process of saving for this experience so I might not start right away but I'll share updates as I go, and don't be surprised if yoga videos start showing up on my instagram and youtube channel. 

Wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment