Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Propagating Monstara Plants + Growing my Indoor Garden

I just found out you can propagate Monstara plants! I didn't realize for some reason, and as my plant was growing out of control, outgrowing it's space, I realized I needed to thin some leaves.  Since I'm still learning about plants, I took to google, and found out you in fact can simply slice below the node on the stem and place it in water.  Over time roots will form and you can transplant, in fact since this photo above one of my stems has sprouted a new leaf in her tiny glass bottle.   They have been in their water filled jars for about a month now and I will probably leave them in there a couple more weeks just to establish strong roots before replanting in a small container.

I'm so excited that I can start to grow my own plants around my home instead of having to buy new ones for each room.  In my perfect world I own a small boutique selling plants, crystals, all things herbal and healing and do henna out of that space.  So maybe now that I know how to do this, that is one step in my perfect world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment