Friday, October 5, 2018

Garden Fall Update 2018

We had so much rain here the past week + my garden is exploding! We have super invasive grass and I'm a mostly guerrilla gardener (meaning I let the plants do the work and I don't coddle my plants) that being said I still do a bit of maintenance.  So, I got out the scissors and trimmed the grass around my plants until my husband busts out the lawn mower and cuts down the grass around the garden nooks.
 the clouds made it actually enjoyable to be outside in the misty weather.
and while I was out there I harvested some sage and basil.
checked on the corn we planted from the phoenix public library x native seed search collaboration.
and I trimmed the lemon tree for some eco harvesting - meaning that it started to grow too many lemons so by cutting off some branches I removed the excess lemons and freed up some weight on the tree.
not sure which squash this will be since my daughter planted the seeds in their locations, but I'm excited to see what we get!
 all the rain revived my aloe vera plants too!
 another plant sonja planted, so we'll see what she matures into.
 rogue tomato plant from left over scattered seeds from our last baby tomato plant.
need to get a few more hens, these ladies are sweet but slowing down their eggs and I don't like to buy them at the store.  anyone have suggestions where to get ready to lay hens?  I'm scared to commit to baby chics.
I did find this melon growing in the vines in the middle of our yard, hoping I picked it at the right time, planning on cutting into it this weekend to see!

And that's our garden update these days. I'll let you know when we get some real edibles bursting out!

No comments:

Post a Comment