Friday, January 11, 2019

My Wheel of the Year in Tarot Cards

I may have gone a little overboard, but I wanted to use a few of my favorite oracle and tarot decks to see what to expect in 2019.

The funny thing about tarot is I don't actually think these paper cards tell the future, and being agnostic I don't really believe in a higher power sending me messages but what I do love about tarot is how it revels our inner thoughts and desires, we read these cards how we want to.  They're symbols for our subconcious self.  We pull a card that symbolizes fear, we immediately panic about blank.  Whatever fears we have and how they might manifest in our lives.  We pull a card telling us that we're going to receive our greatest gifts and we immediately get excited about blank.  Whatever it might be we crave most.  The message isn't in the cards for me, it's in my response, so journaling the meaning of each card and how I felt when I saw it is where the magic happens for me.

This spread is probably pretty overwhelming to look at and decipher, but I used my She Wolfe deck to build my wheel.  I pulled three cards for each season, my North for Winter, East for Spring, South for Summer, and West for Fall.  Each of these were grouped into their triad for what might help me in those seasons.

I pulled an animal from my Wild Unknown Animal Spirit Deck for each month, a reminder or message to myself based on the animal and the symbolism of that animal.  I copied these into my journal and redrew the animals a bit more with my touches, but I love this deck because its so similar to how I draw anyway, they're easy for me to connect with and recreate for myself.  Just like how some people rewrite quotes, it says the same thing, but it's in my handwriting.

And then, finally, I pulled 4 ritual cards from Zenned Out Ritual Deck to seal it all in.  I visualized North, East, South and West as I pulled each one and placed them in the center.  To my surprise they were all different, no two competing moon phases or multiple stones.  Each one was from a different tool for empowerment and I loved that they were all different, though some had similar meanings or symbolism.

I think I pulled several rebirth cards in this spread, from the Phoenix, to Berkano rune, to the chariot card, which symbolizes a new journey.  Which just felt so powerful as we start a new year.  I'm also sharing my journal as the year progresses on my instagram if you'd like to follow along and see how these messages to myself play out in the months to come.

Do you have a new year's ritual?  Something to make the goals and planning feel more fluid or purposeful?  I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment