Friday, February 28, 2020

Dublin

Our last city in Ireland was Dublin, we finished here before our flight back home.  We made to sure to explore the city more than ever before and had a few places on my To Eat At list.  Our first stop was Rolling Donuts a donut shop that had Vegan donuts! I also wanted to go to The Bernard Shaw a cool bus turned into a pizza shop.  But sadly, they were closed and deconstructed. We also did some shopping through a winter type market.  Drove past an adorable Bakehouse but sadly they were closed for the night.  And then moved onto dinner at a pizzeria called The Yarn located upstairs from another restaurant.  And finally ending the evening at a local pub.  Any suggestions for next time?  Have you been to Dublin before, what's your favorite spot?
The Donut Selections.
 The VEGAN Donut selections
 Irish Cream Filled donut. 
 Like I've said so many times, we needed more time in this city as well.  I would have loved to eat at this adorable bakery and cafe.  Next time!
 Lots of pizza selections.
 Heck yes, this pizza was actually vegan and I'm pretty picky about cheese, but I wanted to try it and dang I'm happy I did.  Vegan cheese has come a long way since I first became vegetarian.  This one even melted like real cheese!
 After dinner we found a gallery with a book show, lots of small batch publications and art to read through.
some of the prints.  
 I got one of each of these for the two best writers in my life, my brother in law and one of my best friends.
 Then we walked around to find a bit more to do before heading to our hotel.
 I even found some cacti in a window while we were walking around.  A bit of home in the Irish Isles.
Street Art and Good Reminders.
 Palace Bar for our final stop.
Those ceilings.
 a sneaky peeky view from the nooks in the door of the pub.
 sometimes little textural details like this capture my attention, idk why, but now this waterspot lives here.
Gin and Tonic served DIY so you know you got the right pour of gin.  
 Last Guinness of the trip.
We didn't go upstairs but this was the entryway for the upper portion of the building/pub.  Kind of regret not going to the Whiskey Palace to be honest after I read the reviews online.  Downstairs was truly authentic but also super crowded.  Next time, I'm going upstairs. 
 Walking back to our (Trinity City) hotel along the river.  We got up early for our flight so we didn't take any images, though I will say we rush around to find a petrol station before returning our rental car and our gps took us to a closed down building.  In a rush we found a gas station, and made it with time to spare but damn I hate leaving Ireland. Not only because it's leaving such a beautiful place but also because you do the immigration at the airport before you depart, which yes, saves hella time getting back into the states, but is super stressful if you're a nervous flier like me.  I always want to get there like 6 hours before the flight just in case. Husband had to throw away his blt sandwich he JUST bought because of the laws regarding pork, even though he would have ate it before landing.  So just be aware of the rules when leaving so you don't waste 8 euros like us.  Any questions about Ireland? ask me on the gram where I posted more of our travels in my stories.







     

No comments:

Post a Comment