Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Dot Grid Journaling Examples

I started dot grid journaling in 2017 and have been a paper planner person forever.  I wanted to share my pages and layouts here for reference as I continue to use this process to track goals, notes on life, and appointment keeping during my weeks.  Every couple of months I'll take time off from drinking, so above is how I tracked my cocktail less days.  I also find it relevant to take notes just like a well attentive student in class, I take notes on my daily life, new information and thoughts, similar to journaling but with the purpose of looking back being able to find well organized information.  So below you'll see my notes on chakras and keeping things color coordinated for the best reference and imagery retention.

these stabilo pens are some of my favorites because the tips of the pens align with the ruler in a way that no ink is left behind on the ruler to smudge or smear - a problem with some fine tip markers or brush pens.
above is an example of how I like my weeks to be laid out, not a lot of detail per day but a note of commitments or appointments then to the right I layout my dinner plans because those are always the most complicated ingredient heavy meals of the day and I want to plan ahead for those when grocery shopping.
I also use my dot grid planners and journals to make notes on my favorite essential oil blends and recipes.  all my oils are doterra Certified Therapeutic Grade Essential oils.  Each one listed on the left aligns with purpose for the coordinated chakras. 
above // a glimpse at my work in progress. 
I also use my dot grid journal to document big astrological events and special moments, above is from the solar eclipse we actually drove to Jackson, WY to see the total eclipse in real life. 

I'm working on photographing and documenting more of my journals to share here, do you have any favorite supply suggestions?  Or any questions on dot grid journaling? Send me an email I'd love to chat about art tools. 



No comments:

Post a Comment