Monday, August 31, 2020

Day 18 + 19 Santa Fe to Phoenix

After our much too short stay in Colorado we headed home, but first we had to stop in Santa Fe.  From where we were in CO to our home in Phoenix it's about 14 hours.  Now I've been known to road trip but a 14 hour day with kids, by myself in my car, oh heck no.  I broke it down to two manageable days with a reasonable rate at this adorable motel in Santa Fe; El Rey Court.  I booked it through expedia because I had points from previous trips but the rates directly from the hotel are reasonable as well.  We enjoyed a refreshing evening - the husband was camping while we were with friends, so a stop somewhere with a shower and bath was necessary.  Especially, because he had to give the dog a bath after she was camping with him.  Another perk from this hotel was the pet friendly policy. It was easy to add her to our reservation for a small fee.  While in Santa Fe we weren't able to do much because of the quarantine protocol.  We stopped for lunch before our drive back to Phoenix at the Shake Foundation and I stopped at Sub Rosa Mercantile for a souvenir. 
burgers + fries.
masks + shakes.
father + daughters.
empty covid streets of Santa Fe.
support local artists whenever possible.
My hot mess of a front seat.  Snacks, plants and coffee.  road trip ready.
home at last 4414.5 miles later.

Thank you so much for following along with our travels, I hope it inspires you to get out and visit friends and find a love of being in nature.  Happy Road Tripping!



No comments:

Post a Comment