Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Day 4 & 5 NorCal to Oregon

All spring I'd been waiting for this moment.  The ocean.  We were in Carlsbad area when covid was announced over spring break.  We headed home knowing that the country was ripe for over reacting. I knew that I was going to need the ocean again soon, but we drove back home to the desert and waited 3 long months before I could put the sand under my feet and feel the waves wash away my rage.  After camping in the redwoods and recharging with water I was fulfilled and restored.  We ate snacks and played on the beach (I'm working on my west coast guide for my patreon so if you're curious where this beach is exactly you'll need to become a member there, starting at $1 a month) after our beach time we headed to our camp site in Oregon.  While I'm not sharing any details here on the blog, I will say even if you knew where it was I wouldn't recommend it,  we drove for an hour through farms to get to our site, which happened to be packed.  I hate camping like that back to back with neighbors, but for the waterfalls we wanted to see this was the closest spot.  When I travel with my kids I want sites that are easy to find and guaranteed, no driving around aimlessly.  And I will say this spot gave us that.  A designated campsite, bathrooms and a kitchen table - so I can't really complain, but I also can't suggest it in good conscious.  The waterfalls though, that was worth it.  We went there because a friend suggested it and it was a super simple hike with kids, we walked down to enjoy our food on the shore, we snuck past the caution signs and wooden fences, we took the risk and it was worth it.  
beach selfie.
snack attack.
the head lamps might have been overkill but we were all well illuminated. 
mermaid spoon! so pretty I almost didn't want to cook with it. 
Emily making cold brew for the morning. 
full tent.  don't mind the angry eyes V. was just hungry. 
flowers blooming on the trees - not sure what kind of tree it was, but I guess I should google now. 
reaching for those branches. 
Oregon breakfast.  Homemade sourdough topped with egg cheese and tomatoes. 
foxglove flowers adorning the trails - beautiful but toxic.
don't know what these are, but I think they're silver bells, can anyone confirm?
the waterfall!  There's actually like 10 on the hike and trail area but this was the main easy one. 
Have you been to Oregon? What is your favorite place?  It's slowly growing on me more and more, and I'm always looking for more places to explore.



     

No comments:

Post a Comment